When the present General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter this contract) enters into force, it applies to all users who have registered on www.bidcage.com website (hereinafter Bidcage website). This contract comprises all terms and conditions are necessary for the Bidcage website operator to grant access to its services.
Before you become the user of Bidcage, you must accept this contract and all of the conditions and regulations are related to it. To learn all of the cited information are highly recommended. You enter into contract with the Bidcage website operator by your registration thereby, you accept all the terms and conditions of the Bidcage website operator that are applying to the use of the Bidcage website.
The providing of our services immediately starts after the registration and the acceptance of this contract. Any deviation from this contract is only possible with an extra agreement between you and the Bidcage website operator. If you do not have any extra agreement, you cannot deviate from the content of this contract.
This contract can be abrogated with 14-day time limit. Abrogation does not apply to services in which the providing of service has already started before the day of abrogation. Furthermore, we are entitled to delete any not activated or long time unused user accounts and we reserve our rights to change or modify Bidcage website and its every content.
All of our rules can be changed from time to time. Changes enter into force when those are disclosed on Bidcage website. We can unilaterally modify this contract and you will be notified about it via e-mail or you can find this e-mail in My mailbox page of Bidcage website. If you do not agree with the changing of this contract, you can reject it if you click on the link that is in the notification e-mail. When you reject this contract, your user status will be changed to suspended and this status will remain until you will accept it again.
In any violation of the provisions or paragraphs of this contract, we can make steps such as the suspending of the appearances in listings, deletion or suspending of any product information page, suspending of the user or definitive exclusion from our services and pages. In some cases, we may take legal actions or we may oblige the user to pay redeem or compensation for us.
In that case if any provision or paragraph cannot be kept or it becomes invalid, those provisions or paragraphs can be ignored but all others remain valid.
The "transaction" word within this contract and its related regulations applies to every product appears in listings that can be product or service and their afterlife inside the feedback or finance sub-system of Bidcage website.
We cannot guarantee that we will really make any step against violations of this contract but the lack of such actions does not mean that we will act the same in every similar case. The incidental lack of actions is not tantamount to relinquish such type of rights.
All of our regulations and rules, especially with Fee Regulation
and Privacy Statement
are the parts of this contract and everything is described in them are also compulsory applied to every user of Bidcage website.
Identity and its rules
The identity is the basis of the adequate operation of our community therefore, we require our members to provide their actual data.
The following statements apply to all users of the Bidcage website:
- They do not provide false or misleading information.
- Their contact information are valid and correct.
- They have a valid e-mail address.
- They are at least 18 years old.
User account and membership
Anyone can register in Bidcage website who is legally capable person or the representative of a business organization. You agree with the following terms with your registration:
- you are a private person or
- you are the official representative of a business organisation.
Latter case, you register by your real user and contact information and you take the responsibility for yourself and for the business organisation as well.
You must have to enter your real and credible data in your user profile and keep them up-to-date. If our colleagues find imperfectly or incorrectly registered information, then your user account will immediately be suspended.
New members need to active their user account within 30 days after the registration by the link that can be found in the activation e-mail that has been sent to the registered e-mail address. If the activation will not occur until the 30-day deadline, the newly registered user account will automatically be deleted.
After the activation of a user account, the user status will be unverified. To become some kind of verified user they need to successfully perform our user verification process.
If a user is participating as a seller in any pending transaction or feedback, or he or she has invoiceable items or invoice in the objection-making period, he or she cannot delete the personal date from his or her user profile until the last pending activity will be closed.
If a user status will become inactivated, their previous trading activities can be finished yet but new ones cannot be started during the period of inactivated status. Inactivated users cannot modify their user profile.
If a user status will become suspended, all of their previous trading processes will immediately be suspended and they disappeared from the listings and new trading process cannot be started during the period of suspended status. Suspended and inactivated users cannot modify their username, e-mail address and user verification data.
The Bidcage website proper operation is based on trustworthiness and well-meaning trading. To facilitate our efforts our users have their own user-regulatory counters by which we try to filter out those users who violate our rules and by which we try to prevent the destruction of well-meaning trading experiences. These user-regulatory counters are ubiquitous in our system to filter out the malicious user attitudes. The user-regulatory counters also serve as to filter out those users who try to circumvent or manipulate the fees of the Bidcage website. If a user continuously crosses the limit of a user-regulatory counter, our system will take steps to prevent their similar activities. If violations last continuously and those are in worsening trend, then the user status will become inactivated or suspended.
If the user status has become inactivated or suspended because of violations, it can only be restored to the previous status by the colleagues of the Bidcage website. If the status of a user will become inactivated or suspended again within 6 months after the last restoration, then the status of that user will not be restored again until the end of a next 6-month period.
The colleagues of the Bidcage website may change the status of any user account to an other one that can be different from the previous one.
User accounts can be deleted by colleagues of Bidcage website or by the users themselves as well. When a user account undergoes the deletion process, it will last minimum 60 days from its starting date. If there is any pending activity that is related to that user account, including existing debts to the Bidcage website operator, the deletion process will be suspended until every pending activity will successfully be closed. If the user account has suspended or inactivated status because of any violation, then the user deletion process will also be suspended. If a user account has been deleted, the related feedbacks will remain for 12 months after their creation or last modification date.
We can delete and create partner code for every user without any notification. Partner code is necessary for the using of some functions. We can allow or deny to be our partner for anyone.
Product list upload
We can allow or deny the product list upload for anyone. Only and exclusively brand new products can be uploaded through our product list upload application programming interface (API). You can learn more about discounts and their conditions related to product-upload and updating in the Fee regulation
. Furthermore, partner code is also necessary for product list upload.
Trading and general rules of the Bidcage website
Our service is available for everyone who can make legal sales contract in accordance with current laws and regulations. Please note, none of the user accounts can do any type of interaction with itself.
By the use of Bidcage website you need to comply with the following conditions:
- Every product can only be uploaded into the adequate category. If a product has been uploaded into an inadequate category, then our colleagues are at liberty to move it to adequate category without any notification.
- On the Bidcage website, forms and their content need to be checked by users and if they have found any inaccuracy or wrong data, they must have to correct them with real data and they must have to submit us and other parties who participate in the transaction. Users take the responsibility for data and information were submitted and saved in forms and they can be held liable for them.
- On the Bidcage website, certain date values are displayed as working days. Because every part of the world have different non-working days therefore, our system is taking only into consideration the weekend days (Saturday and Sunday) as non-working day. If non-working days differ from weekend days (Saturday and Sunday), users need to take into consideration those differences and calculate with them to get the proper dates (e.g.: handling dates, shipping dates, etc.).
- The shipping and handling times must be the actual shipping and handling times in the seller offer because when the seller sends a shipped product notification to a buyer, then our system will recalculate the shipping date starting from the sending of the shipped product notification.
- The shipping discounts of the seller offer can be set in percentage form to its quantity intervals that are specified by both the type of the trading and the seller. Our system calculates the price form of shipping discount by the multiplication of the base unit shipping price and the decimal form of the shipping discount and this price value of the discount will be subtracted from the base shipping unit price and the result will be the discounted unit shipping price within its quantity intervals. The discounted unit shipping price for each buyer is calculated as described in the previous sentence based on the buyer's quantity and the shipping discount that is within a quantity interval corresponding to the buyer's quantity. The quantity interval based discounted unit shipping price applies to every single product that will be shipped to one given address. Some currencies have no decimal value therefore, in those cases, if the value of the previously described shipping price discount calculation is not an integer, it will be rounded up to the first integer value.
- You can only use a verified user account for selling or joining a group buy in the Bidcage website. If a user account is inactivated or suspended because of any violation of our rules, we cannot delete the user verification data of that user account. It is necessary to prevent the user to do the same harmful activities with a newly created user account.
- It is not allowed to violate the paragraphs of the Prohibited products, services and contents.
- Compliance with Consumer Protection Act and current laws and rules of warranty are mandatory for every seller.
- Sellers must have to comply with their obligations they have undertaken in the return policy for the buyers.
- Sellers must have to be able to deliver the product quantity until the shipping date they have published in any type of transaction or trading.
- To sell or ship such type of products are different from that were described in the product information page is forbidden because it causes dissatisfaction of the buyers. If the shipped products do not match with the product description, then buyers can take business or legal actions in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act or the seller’s return policy.
- It is not allowed to maliciously influence the price of any product and thereby to make any impact on the progression of transactions. Furthermore, those activities that try to make influence on the pure competition is not allowed and you can not interfere with the product listings in any way.
- It is not allowed to violate third parties rights, copyrights, trademarks or anything else. Fake or counterfeit products must not sell or trade through the Bidcage website.
- Publishing of fake, inaccurate, misleading, libellous or slanderous contents are not allowed (it applies to your personal data as well).
- You must have to pay the total price of the products except if you can be a victim of a fraud or any type of crime.
- You must have to ship the products in you offer except if a buyer has not performed the payment or the business conditions or if you can be a victim of a fraud or any type of crime.
- The evasion of our fee-structure, invoicing or any payment for the Bidcage website is not allowed.
- It is not allowed to spread spams, chain letters and pyramid scheme-like systems.
- It is not allowed to utilize our feedback system such way that can undermine its credibility. (For example the utilization of feedback information through the Internet space or picking up any data from there)
- The transferring of your user account to anyone is not allowed.
- The collection of any information about users of the Bidcage website especially for the e-mail addresses is not allowed.
- It is not allowed to distribute any computer virus or any type of technology that could cause damage to the Bidcage website or in users’ property.
- It is not allowed to distribute, copy or modify the rights associated with the Bidcage website, be they copyrights or trademarks and you must not use them in any way.
- You can only use the information about buyers or sellers for the successful handling and closing of a transaction. You must not send or forward them to third parties. Furthermore, you agree that you comply with Data Protection Laws as well.
- It is not allowed to the sellers to divert buyers from their chosen payment method or system in any way.
There can be taxes and duties in cross-border trade. Please pay attention to that you have to involve yourself into those obligations.
As seller, it is recommended to retain all of your documents are related to products and shipping until 180 days after the payment. By this step, you will be able to defend yourself against possibly malicious buyers.
When a transaction successfully ended, participants will receive other parties’ data (in case of group buy first place seller and sure buyers will only receive each other data). Buyers will receive seller’s contact information while seller will receive buyers’ contact, shipping and invoicing information.
Violations and their handling
We and our users make efforts that our services and pages can operate at the highest level. Please support our efforts by reporting us if you find any error or malpractices on our site.
We can restrict, suspend or halt the providing of our services and we can send notifications to any user without limiting of our legal remedy opportunities. Furthermore, we may restrict any user access or activity on our pages in any case. We can delay publication of any content or we can delete or modify them without any notification. We can change, modify or delete rights, statuses or discount levels are related to user accounts. The Bidcage website operator can apply every type of legal and technical steps to keep away you from its pages if you are characterized by any of the following points:
- There is reasonable suspicion that you have violated the text or the spirit of this contract.
- You have caused problems to users or the Bidcage website operator.
- Your provided information cannot be verified by reasonable efforts.
- There is reasonable suspicion you have violated the rights of third parties.
- You make a legal responsibility or bribe the Bidcage website operator or its colleagues or users.
Condition of shipped products cannot be differed from the published product condition that appeared on the product information page. If the condition of shipped products are differed from published product condition, you take every responsibility for them (be it business or legal one).
Totally new, never used, unopened and intact product with quality warranty in its original retail package of the manufacturer. If manufacturer packed the products in wholesale package and they need to unfold into retail packages, then products can be repacked.
Working of group buy and conditions of use
Every group buy is based on a primary country. This country is defined the common language and currency of the group buy, the order of the offers (more details in "Becoming active and first place offer" section) and users who joined from the primary country cannot be excluded from a group buy.
The running or expiration time of a group buy is calculated by an algorithm and it is about 9 days (+/- 1 day) from the starting moment (hereinafter this time period is referred as the "running" of group buy). There is a payment grace period for every group buy which includes four or five working days after the end of running of a group buy. The payment grace period can be used as handling time according to seller’s decision.
The retail unit price is calculated based on the average of the uploaded product prices by our partners (ignoring the extreme high or low ones if there are more ones). If there is not uploaded and updated price (maximum 10 days ago updated prices), our colleagues will decide about the retail unit price of a group buy.
The starting of a group buy can be initiated by our members who have active user status. The starting of a group buy means that the product will be submitted to our colleagues who will check it out and if it will be totally correct, then they will immediately start it. Every group buy has its own currency that can be the official currency of the primary country if it is used internationally in the PayPal system or if there is not its own international currency, then group buy starter can select between EUR – Euro and USD – US Dollar. The currency of a group buy can be changed if the same product has been started in the same primary country with a different currency at the same time. In latter case, the currency of the earlier started group buy will be used for it. If there are imperfections or deficiencies in product information our colleagues can complete, modify or even reject to start the product without the consent of users. We can send back particular product information form to user for checking if we cannot decide the exact specifications of that product. There is a time period and deadline for the user to revise the product and if that deadline expires the status of the returned group buy becomes rejected. Users can also reject the starting of any returned group buy. If a product cannot be identified by the product source URL or the title, or the language of the product is not available for the selected country, then besides the rejection of group buy starting our colleagues can refuse the group buy starting as well. If a user’s group buy starting opportunity has been refused at least two times within a week, then the user will not be able to start group buys until that date appears in flash message when he/she tries to start a group buy. A product cannot run in more group buys with the same primary country, in the same language, at the same time.
"Brand new" (you can learn more about in "Product conditions" paragraph) condition and standardised (with an item identification number or code) products can only be sold in group buy. Images of group buys are only illustrations, those are not considered as credible visualisation form of a product. In every case, images that were published by manufacturers can be considered as credible visualisation form.
Every group buy is based on one precisely identified and specified product. If any of the shipped product is different from the specified product means that the group buy has been diverted from the original product. Although we try to make reasonable effort to identify all the descriptions and specifications of a product but there can be some minor imperfections or deficiencies in descriptions and specifications but basically, those have no effect on the precise identification of a product. If you cannot precisely identify a product, please do not join or make an offer to that group buy until we correct that imperfections or deficiencies. Furthermore, it is recommended to notify our Customer service about those imperfections or deficiencies that you have found in the product descriptions or specifications. The description and specification data of a product are only informative ones therefore, if there is any type of imperfections or deficiencies in product descriptions or specifications we cannot take the responsibilities for them, be they legal or financial ones. The product data that are specified by the manufacturer are determinative in the identification of a product which can be available for everyone on the Internet. So, everyone can make their conscious decision to join or to make an offer to a group buy. A product can be precisely specified by its product identification number or code or by its specification that can be learnt in the product information. Especially with clothing products, there can be minor inaccuracy between users’ perceived and real product sizes. If we realize any type of imperfection or deficiency in product information (by users or by our colleagues) we try to correct it before the group buy running will end. If there would be substantial correction in the description (it means that the product can be different than that the users expected before) of a running group buy, then users will be notified about it in e-mail form and sellers can request to withdraw their offers and buyers can withdraw their joinings in the normal way. If someone make a withdrawal because of the reason is described in the previous sentence, that user's risk level will not increase.
In case of group buy one unit product means one unit of retail package of a product that is specified in the product information page. If there is not any information about how many pieces mean one unit, then one unit will worth one piece of product with its all basic accessories and parts are specified by manufacturer.
Unit prices displayed for buyers in group buys are the sum of the base unit prices and shipping prices of one unit product that can be differed at every country (hereinafter "displayed unit price"). Users who joined from a non-primary country accept that they can receive displayed unit prices that are different from the displayed unit price of the primary country (those can be higher and lower as well). Displayed unit prices can even be different for each country. Total price for each buyer is calculated by multiplication of the buyer's quantity and the displayed unit price were offered to him/her. Besides, sellers cannot request any further fee or extra payment from the buyers. If a seller requests such type of extra payments, buyer can backtrack from that transaction.
There are some variables and system-wide control elements are trying to provide the smooth progression of group buys. These control elements mainly try to avoid stepping backs in the progression of a group buy and these control elements may cause differences between the final and partial result of a group buy. Despite of these control elements we cannot guarantee that there will not happen stepping backs in progression during the running of a group buy. Stepping backs can influence buyers and sellers as well.
Payment data of the user verification will be send to the other finally successful participants if a group buy ended as active. The payment data help to support payments and their identification. Saving of the payment data occurs at successful submitting of the offer or joining data.
Each transaction and payment is related to one buyer and it must be regarded as one separate entity thereby, transactions must be handled separately from each other. One buyer’s behaviour and activities must not be impact on the others' reputation.
The progression of group buys are calculated by our algorithms based on joining and offer data. The final result of a group buy is determined solely by the totality of offer and joining data.
The evasion of algorithms are operating group buys is also prevented by the built-in control elements thus ensuring the best offer can become the first place based on the given data set.
The group buy tries to provide a community trading experience that based on mutual honesty and good faith among the users of the Bidcage website. Therefore, the previous user activities are taken into consideration within group buys that partially comes from buyers’ received feedbacks and backtracking from transactions and those are converted to buyers’ total risk level. Buyers’ risk level will downwardly modify buyers’ total quantity in group buys therefore, the higher the buyers’ total risk the lower the buyers’ total quantity (hereinafter the meaning of this sentence will be referred as "weighted total quantity"). Users who have never participated in transactions on the Bidcage website, their quantity will take into consideration at 80 percent rate and this modified quantity will be added to the weighted total quantity.
There are three elements of the buyer risk level: (1) buyer’s received feedback rate within one year, (2) previous joining withdrawals from group buys and (3) previous backtracking from transactions (quantities were entered in the activities of second and third points will restrict the quantity can be entered at next joinings).
Quantity and joining limitations are used in the following cases:
- Users who have never participated in any transaction as a buyer. In this case 1 unit can be entered and they can join 10 group buys in one time.
- If buyer backtracking quantity counter is greater than 0. In this case buyer can enter 1 unit. If a buyer backtracks, then this counter will increase by the quantity of the transaction and at every occurred status transaction it decreases by 1. Minimum value is 0 and maximum value is 10.
- If buyer joining withdrawal counter is greater than 0. In this case, buyer can enter 1 unit. If a buyer withdraws his/her joining, this counter will increase by that quantity was entered on joining page and at every occurred status transaction it decreases by 1. Minimum value is 0 and it has not upper limit.
- If none of the previous conditions can be applied and buyer has not participated in minimum 5 transactions (those can be occurred or did not occur status) in the last one year or buyer backtracking rate is smaller than 100 percent, then he/she can enter a quantity with total value that is lower or equal to 5000 Euro (or a value that is equivalent with it in any currency). For example if store unit price is 100 Euro you can enter 50 units at once (if store unit price is higher than 5000 Euro, 1 unit can always be entered).
- If none of the previous conditions can be applied and buyer has already participated in minimum 5 transactions (can be occurred or did not occur status) in the last one year and buyer backtracking rate is 100 percent then he/she can enter a quantity with total value that is lower or equal to 10000 Euro (or value that is equivalent with it in any currency). For example if store unit price is 100 Euro you can enter 100 units at once (if store unit price is higher than 10000 Euro, 1 unit can always be entered).
You can learn more about risk levels related to joining withdrawals and backtracking from transactions in "Feedbacks, regulation of malicious behaviour and rules of occurred and did not occur status transactions" paragraph.
If a user withdraws their joining he/she will not be able to join that group buy again and his/her joining withdrawal risk level will increase too. Joining withdrawal risk level can decrease by the occurred status transactions in which the user participated as buyer. Joining withdrawal risk level will not take into account and therefore, it will not influence the weighted total quantity of buyers at the end of group buy running.
Joining, making an offer and their limitations
Fully verified status is necessary to make an offer to a group buy. Joining can be possible with verified buyer status.
With your joining, you express your intention that you can really buy the product even at your entered maximal price level in your entered quantity.
If you make an offer to a group buy, you officially oblige yourself if your offer will become the first place at the end of the running of group buy, you will really be able to sell the products in that quantity you have entered in the maximum quantity limit of the first place unit price. If you do not have the maximum amount of product, your reputation can be negatively influenced by the buyers through our feedback system.
Maximal unit price is taken into account by our algorithms to decide who will become a sure or a possible buyer according to the available data set. Maximal unit price can be entered up to store unit price of the group buy. Maximal unit price applies to displayed unit prices that are specified by sellers.
Displayed unit prices are calculated as the sum of the shipping price that is related to buyer’s country and the base unit price of the first place offer. Therefore, users need to select their actual country in shipping data on the joining page i.e. they must have to receive their products at the specified destination address (hereinafter "joined from" phrase applies to the specified destination address of a buyer).
If there is not any shipping data to a country in a given offer, then buyers who joined from that country will receive the data of "Every other country" row when that offer becomes the first place.
Everyone has limited time to make their offer and when that time expires user will be redirected to product information page and the edited data will be lost. Users can modify their offer without any limitation except if an offer is the first place. In the first place offer seller can only downwardly modify price values, be they shipping prices or the base unit price of the first place row in quantity unit price table. Furthermore, quantity limits of the first place row in quantity unit price table can only be extended. The previously specified countries in shipping table and the first place row in quantity-unit price table cannot be deleted and exclusions of previously excluded countries can only be modified and seller cannot exclude new countries in case of the first place offer. In case of first place offer, the shipping discount table can limitedly be editable in a way that its changes will not cause stepping back in the progression of the group buy. If an offer loses the first place status (e.g. if someone else's offer becomes the first place) it becomes freely editable again.
Joined buyers cannot modify their submitted data after their joining, except the maximal unit price. Maximal unit price can be increased up to the store unit price of the group buy.
If buyers will have become sure buyer at the end of the running of group buy, their payment, shipping and invoicing data will be stored in a standardized Excel file for the first place seller. Furthermore, seller can open sure buyers' data in printable form. Buyers' data can be accessible up to 90 days after the ending of group buy. The seller must have to handle buyers’ data according to current Data Protection Laws. Excel files can be considered valid in that unchanged form they have been downloaded from the Bidcage website. Sure buyers will receive the first place seller’s contact information related to the transaction.
To enter invalid or false data on the joining page is not allowed and users take the responsibility for the content accuracy. If a user entered false data on the joining page, then seller can backtrack from transaction by the sending of a payment problem notification to the buyer by which transaction will close with did not occur status. You can learn more about it in "Feedbacks, regulation of malicious behaviour and rules of occurred and did not occur status transactions" paragraph.
Buyers who joining from a non-primary country of any group buy accept that they can be excluded from the sellers' offers.
If a buyer has withdrawn his/her joining or offer from a group buy, then they cannot join or make offer to that group buy again. Offer withdrawal can be requested by the seller after a year that follows his/her last offer withdrawal.
Becoming active and first place offer
A group buy can only become active if the weighted total quantity of buyers can reach the minimum quantity limit of a seller’s offer in which displayed unit price levels are lower than or equal to the joined buyers’ individually specified maximal unit prices, taking into consideration the data sets, the regulatory elements and the limitations apply to the joined buyers, the sellers and the progression of the group buy.
Regardless of the ones described above we cannot guarantee that a group buy will ever become active.
A joined buyer can become possible or sure buyer if the group buy have also already become active and he/she meets all of the regulatory requirements and conditions of the group buy and the first place seller. A seller can become the first place seller if the group buy has become active and he/she meets all of the regulatory requirement and conditions of the group buy.
The first place seller needs to sell the products to those buyers who have become sure buyer at the end of the running of group buy.
Although our algorithms are trying to provide that the data of a running group buy reflect the ending state of that group buy but all of the information and data have been displayed during the running of the group buy are only informative ones.
The order of sellers’ offers is always changing due to the newly submitted offers. In the following list, the next point will become valid if an actual point is the same in case of more offers. When a next offer and its displayed unit price will be taken, then the comparison will start from the beginning of list:
- displayed unit price (base unit price + shipping price) of the primary country in ascending order i.e. smallest the first
- possible and sure buyers’ total quantity in descending order i.e. the greater has the priority
- average shipping price taking into consideration the buyers’ total quantity in ascending order i.e. the smaller has the priority
- minimum quantity in ascending order, i.e. the smaller has the priority
- maximum quantity in descending order, i.e. the greater has the priority
- if every previous point is equal to each other among the offers, then time order will be the decisive i.e. the earlier has the priority
If there is first place offer, then a new offer can become first place if possible and sure buyers’ actual total quantity that is calculated to a new offer price will be greater than or equal to buyers’ current actual total quantity has been calculated to the current first place offer.
Feedbacks, regulation of malicious behaviour and rules of occurred and did not occur status transactions
Users can leave feedbacks for each other about their attitude related to transactions. Users need to draw up their feedback descriptions carefully to comply with our moderation principles.
User accounts are differentiated according to participation in transactions therefore, those are broken up to buyer and seller activities. The following actions, processes, notifications and notices are only applicable if those arrive from or performed on the user interface of Bidcage website. Each activity or notification that has outside of our system we cannot accept them or pick them up into our system in any form.
There are time limits to leave feedbacks and to finish the handling of transactions. If a time limit will shortly expire, our system will notify the user about that deadlines. If a feedback or a transaction will not be closed until the given deadline, our system will accomplish that activity. If a transaction has been being under investigation, the automatic processes will stop until the end of investigation.
A transaction will become occurred status if the seller sends notification to the buyer about the shipping of product. If the seller has sent a prepared for shipping notification about a product or the seller does not send any notification about shipping or payment problem to the buyer, then if originally calculated shipping date has expired, our system will close the transaction with occurred status.
A transaction can become did not occur status if the buyer backtracks from the transaction or the seller sent a payment problem notification and until the 30-day deadline, the seller would not send a shipped product or prepared for shipping notification to the buyer.
Seller can send payment problem notification to a buyer between the end of payment grace period and 5 working days thereafter. If the originally calculated shipping date is earlier than the previously mentioned 5-working day deadline, then the original shipping date will become the deadline for the sending of payment problem notification. Payment problem can be sent in case of incomplete or totally missing payment. Please note, the seller must not request any extra fee or payment over the total price of a buyer.
Buyer can backtrack from a transaction until 3 days after the end of payment grace period if the seller has not sent a prepared for shipping or shipped product notification to him/her through our system yet. If the seller has already sent a payment problem notification, buyer can backtrack from transaction before the seller would send a prepared for shipping or shipped product notification.
If a transaction become did not occur status, it increases the buyer risk level. The increasing of buyer risk level will limit the participation in group buys as the following:
- The successful transaction rate will decrease to 0 percent. As long as this value will not become 100 percent again, buyer can enter only one unit into quantity input on the joining page. Furthermore, this will decrease buyers' weighted total quantity, therefore group buys will hardly be able to become active and the total risk level of the group buy will also be higher.
If a user cannot buy the product, it is recommended to withdraw his/her joining before the end of the running of group buy because it will have much smaller impact on the buyer's risk level.
If a transaction will get occurred, it will decrease the buyer’s risk level. The risk level decreasing will make impact on the following elements:
- The successful transaction rate will increase by 15 percent of which the maximum level is 100 percent.
If a buyer backtracks from a transaction, the counter of continuous backtracking increases by one. If this counter reaches the four values, then the user status will be changed to suspended. When a transaction will become occurred status, the backtracking counter will also decrease by one. Minimum value of the counter is zero.
Sellers do not have to pay success fee for did not occur status transactions and those transactions that are related such group buys in which the total quantity of occurred status transactions does not reach the 99 percent of the minimum quantity of the first place offer price. Therefore, our system tries to filter out malicious seller attitude by calculation of total value of unsuccessfully closed transactions of group buys and did not occur status transactions and if their total value will reach the 8 percent of the total value of all occurred and did not occur status transactions, then our system will take steps. The counter of backtracking from transactions is related to seller’s transactions that is calculated back to one year as the followings (in case of group buy it will be calculated after that the last transaction of a group buy will be closed): the total amount (of buyer's total prices) of the seller’s did not occur status transactions divided by the total amount of the seller’s all transactions, that is the average rate of backtracking from transactions. Thereafter, the seller’s total value of occurred status but unsuccessful transactions will be divided by the seller’s all transaction and this value will be taken into account in 15 percent rate, that is the average rate of unsuccessful transactions. If the average rate of unsuccessful transactions is higher than our system limit (6%), then the maximum limit will be used but if the average rate is lower than the system limit, then the calculated rate will be used. For example: there are transactions with 1000 EUR total value and 50 EUR value comes from did not occur status transactions, so seller’s unsuccessfulness rate is 50/1000=0.05 i.e. 5%. Further 195 EUR value comes from occurred status but unsuccessful transactions, so 195/1000=0.195 that is taken into account in 15% rate so 0.195x0.15=0.02925, i.e. 2.925%. Because 2.925% is smaller than 6%, seller’s excessive unsuccessfulness rate is 5%+2.925%=7.925%. If seller’s excessive unsuccessfulness rate is higher than 8 percent, then seller’s counter that measures the crossings of excessive unsuccessfulness rate increases by one. If seller’s excessive unsuccessfulness rate starts to decrease and it will decrease below 8 percent, then seller’s counter of excessive unsuccessfulness rate crossings will decrease by one at each successful transaction. Minimum value of this counter is 0. If seller’s counter of excessive unsuccessfulness rate crossings will reach 2 values, then the user will lose his/her approval for the outstanding seller seal and status. If seller’s counter of excessive unsuccessfulness rate crossings will reach 4 values, then user status will be changed to inactivated.
Calculation of feedback rates occurs after each feedback activity for both buyers and sellers as the followings: positive feedback is equal to +1 value; neutral feedback is equal to +0.5 value; negative feedback is equal to +0 value. Values of feedbacks are summed back to 12 months and the calculated amount is divided by the number of feedbacks (of course the four different rates are separately from each other). For example if seller received 30 feedbacks: 27 positives, 2 neutrals and 1 negative, then 27x1+2x0.5+1x0=28, 28/30=0.93333 i.e. 93.33% is the seller’s received feedback rate. We try to filter out that users who receive or leave excessively negative feedbacks. When the seller’s received feedback rate decreases below 90%, the seller’s left feedback rate decreases below 95%, the buyer’s received or left feedback rates decreases below 80%, then the user’s given (buyer/seller – received/left) counter of the minimum feedback rate crossings will increase by one. If a given feedback rate will improve and it will be higher than the related minimum limit of our system, then the related counter of minimum feedback rate crossings will decrease by one. Minimal value of the counters of minimum feedback rate crossings is 0. If any of the counters of minimum feedback rate crossings reaches the 5 value, then user status will be changed to inactivated.
Buyers need to leave feedback for sellers until 60 days after the shipping dates. A buyer cannot leave feedback for a seller until the transaction will be set to occurred or did not occur status. The buyer needs to leave positive, negative or neutral feedback, a feedback description (it can be text template in positive case) and detailed feedbacks for the seller. Detailed feedbacks can be left about how the product fits to description, the related extra fees or costs, the shipping time of product and the contact making with the seller. In detailed feedbacks, maximum 5 stars and minimum 1 star can be left, where 5 stars mean the highest satisfaction and 1 star means the dissatisfaction. If a buyer has not had to pay more than the price of the primary country for one unit, he/she can only leave 5 stars for extra fees or cost. Buyer’s custom feedback description has to described in the common language of the transaction. If buyer uses a text template, then it will be displayed in the language of user interface. If buyer’s 60-day deadline of feedback leaving has expired and buyer has not left feedback for seller, then our system will automatically leave a positive feedback for the seller that will not include the detailed feedbacks. If a buyer left a neutral or a negative feedback for the seller, buyer can modify it to a better one within 30 days after the leaving of the feedback. Buyer can only modify his/her left feedback to a more positive one in every case. In the case of modification of detailed feedbacks, buyer can always leave the same or more stars for seller.
If a seller sends shipped product notification to a buyer, our system automatically leave positive feedback for the buyer that can be modified once to a neutral or a negative one until 200 days after the transaction has appeared in feedback. Because buyers’ received feedback rate will be taken into consideration in buyers' total risk level in group buys, therefore it is recommended to only leave a neutral or a negative feedback for a buyer if he/she maliciously behaves during the transaction or at the payment. Because the backtracking from a transaction increases the buyer's risk level therefore, sellers can only modify the description of the positive feedbacks until 30 days after the backtracking has occurred. If a seller has already modified a feedback to neutral or negative, ha/she can modify it again until 30 days after the last modification.
Users can respond to their received custom feedback descriptions. The language of response has to be the same as the common language of transaction. If a received feedback will be modified, then its previous response will disappear off that feedback.
If we realize that anyone has left a feedback description or a response that is contrary to our moderation rules or it is not in the same language as the common language of the transaction, then we can oblige the user to modify the referred description until 10 days after the notification has been sent. If the modification will not occurred until the 10-day deadline, our system will automatically delete that description. If description has been modified such way that is contrary to our rules again, then the new description will be deleted without any notification.
Problem solving and investigations
Our colleagues try to provide support in problem solving for our users.
Our colleagues will not intervene in activities between sellers and buyers i.e. they cannot leave feedback, do not set transaction to occurred or did not occur status based on unilateral decision. Exceptions can only be made if an event occurs due to an error and is requested by both parties in a credible form. If there is a dispute between users we try to clarify it within 30 days. The cases when we can start an investigation:
- seller attempts to violate our regulations in case of total price of product,
- seller tries to divert buyers from their selected payment modes.
Investigation focuses only on providing support in mediation between parties until they can clarify their disputed case. If buyer notify us about the solving of the problem, we will finish the investigation with seller solution. If parties cannot solve their problems according to buyer, the investigation will finish without seller solution.
Outstanding seller seal and status can be obtained if user performs the following criteria:
- minimum 1000 received feedbacks as seller
- received feedback rate as seller minimum 98%
- left feedback rate as seller minimum 99.5%
- seller notified buyers about shipping of products until the first working day after the end of handling time, minimum 95%
- seller's problem solving rate minimum 99.7%
- product fits to the description: 3-5-start rate minimum 99.5%
- extra costs: 3-5-start rate minimum 99.5%
- shipping time: 3-5-start rate minimum 99.5%
- communication: 3-5-start rate minimum 99.5%
- approval to use the outstanding seller seal
The points of criteria above are based on the last one year activities as seller. The seller notified buyers about shipping of products point applies to send a shipped product notification to buyers through the user interface of our system, at the latest, one working day after the handling date that has been specified in the final first place offer (for example if handling time ends at 13:27:15 then you need to send the notifications, at the latest, in the next working day at 13:27:15). The calculation of the rate in the previous sentence is only applied to the occurred status transactions. Transactions are basically regarded as problem free therefore, sellers' problem solving rate will increase when the transactions appear on feedbacks pages (in case of group buy only the first place seller’s one). Problem solving rate is calculated as the following: the number of transactions without seller solution is divided by the number of all transactions (does not matter it has did not occur or occurred status transaction) and the result will be subtracted from one and that final result is converted into percentage form. The 3-5 stars rates are calculated as the following: number of a given type of 3-5 stars detailed feedbacks is divided by the number of the same type of 1-5 stars detailed feedbacks and the final result is converted to percentage form. Losing of the approval to use outstanding seller seal can automatically occur by our algorithms or our colleagues can withdraw it because of any activity that was contrary to our rules or regulations. If a user status will be changed to inactivated because of the violation of our rules, the user will not get back his/her approval to use the outstanding seller seal until 6 months from its losing. If the counter of seller’s excessive unsuccessfulness rate crossings reach 2 values the approval to use the outstanding seller seal will also be lost. If a seller’s excessive unsuccessfulness rate crossings decreases below 2 values and the approval to use the outstanding seller seal has not been suspended by another cause, then the user will get it back immediately.
Entering of fake location
Sellers must have to precisely specify the location of products (country and city) from where they will ship the products to buyers. Entering of fake location is not allowed.
In those transactions where buyers need to specify their personal information, they must have to precisely specify their shipping address information. Entering of fake location is not allowed.
To publish the following contents is not allowed on the Bidcage website or within any of its mediums:
- The user own or others’ personal information especially with: name, address, workplace, phone number, e-mail address, VOIP number, bank account number or any other private information.
- Aggressive, insulting, threatening attitude in any form.
- Any type of activity that can disturb or restrict the community or if it can divert the communication from its original purpose.
- Scolding others, use of vulgar words and making of abusive or defamatory campaigns against anyone.
- To use provocative, violating, vulgar, deceptive or trademarked username and to use e-mail address or web address (URL) as username.
- Mentioning or criticism of others’ ethnicity or religions or to present them by intimidating way or by hate speech.
- To publish commercial type advertisement without any extra agreement with the Bidcage website operator. Commercial type advertisement includes every type of content that advertises, publicizes or supports products, services, websites, jobs or organisations.
- To publish any content is contrary with current laws and regulations and/or it encourages to violate rights or to commit crimes.
If users perceive violator content and they notify our Customer service about it, the Bidcage website operator can request the other party to modify or delete the content regardless it does or does not violate our rules. The colleagues of the Bidcage website are at liberty to remove, modify and move any type of content or to keep every person away from the Bidcage website who violates any point of the list above. The above listed moderation rules apply to every product, text and forum are created, edited and modified by the users on the Bidcage website and its related mediums.
Prohibited products, services and contents
The following products, services and contents must not be published on the Bidcage website or its related mediums:
- Every product and service are associated with drugs,
- every fake product and/or violation of any copyrighted product or trademark,
- every license required product like weapons, guns, ammo, military products, explosives, pyrotechnical material and equipment and their parts and components as well as particularly dangerous products to public security, including those products for which gun license is not necessary (throwing star, switchblade, cosh, truncheon, boxer, electric shocker, viper, nunchaku, gas spray, etc),
- protected animals,
- credit cards,
- dangerous materials,
- human organs, body parts, tissues
- stolen products,
- sexual services or prostitution,
- lock-picking devices and services or other services are related to crimes against property,
- pornographies that are prohibited by laws
- human trafficking and such type of services,
- services that aim counterfeiting or creation of fake identity,
- products or services of gambling, lottery, multi-level marketing, pyramid games,
- codes, identifiers and access information of accounts especially with user accounts of Bidcage
- as well as any product or content harms others’ emotions, hate speech that harms others’ religious beliefs or their ethnics and every aggressive or threatening activity and any other products or contents are illegal or Bidcage regards as illegal.
Restricted products, services and contents
Certain products and services can be sell with restrictions on the Bidcage website:
- In case of living animals, they have to be handled to comply with the current laws and regulations and seller have to provide secure and humane transportation.
- Tobacco products can be sold in Collection categories as collected products. Furthermore, you declare that you do not violate laws and regulations in regards with tobacco products.
- Alcoholic product can be sold if they comply with the current laws and regulations.
- In case of intangible and intellectual products (especially with audio and video files, program files, graphical matters, source codes, websites, etc.), sellers must have to have distribution license or rights to sell them. The product description must include that the product is genuine and licensed.
- Sellers who sell precious metals or products are made of such materials in business activity, have to have licences and registration number that is related to their business activity.
Responsibility and exemption
The Bidcage website operator is not responsible for products and services are listed in "Prohibited products, services and contents" paragraph and for other products or services are not listed in it but illegal and/or prohibited product or service.
You will not call the Bidcage website operator to account for and the Bidcage website operator cannot be held responsible for your suffered losses that have resulted from any action or activity of the implementation of this contract. Furthermore the Bidcage website operator is not responsible for others’ activities or the lack of their activities especially with users’ published or listed things or the destruction of any counterfeit or fake product. We provide opportunities to anyone to buy or sell almost anything from anywhere and any time. Products or things are listed or published on the Bidcage website have never been possessed by the Bidcage website operator, therefore buyers and sellers enter into contract with each other and the Bidcage website operator has never taken part in sale contracts in any form.
Except group buys, we never check content or origination of things or products are uploaded on the Bidcage website and we never take part in transactions and payment transaction between buyers and sellers. Although we try to help and support users in disputes but we cannot guarantee the reality content, accuracy, quality, safety or legality of any listed or published product or content on the Bidcage website. We cannot guarantee that buyers can buy or sellers can sell products or services and they will really fulfil their transactions or their payment obligations or buyers will not return products.
The Bidcage website operator and its colleagues cannot be responsible for user actions are listed in moderation principles.
After a group buy ended, sellers who have not become first place and buyers who have remained inactive buyers agree that they will not call the Bidcage website operator to account for the other participants of a group buy in any form. Although, we maximally try to prevent the manipulation of the progression of every group buy that is allowed by our technology to support the pure competition but we cannot guarantee that the operating algorithms of group buy cannot be manipulated despite of our efforts and regulations. If you have suffered any loss because of the operating algorithms of group buy, you agree that you will not call the Bidcage website operator or other participants of group buy to account in any form.
If there is any substantial deficiency or imperfection in a product description of a group buy (substantial deficiencies or imperfections are those missing information that cause problem in the accurate identification of the product) that is identified after the end of the running of a group buy and therefore, it could not be corrected, then the participants of that group buy agree that they consider that group buy as null and void according to their own decision and accept the other party’s decision and they will not call the Bidcage website operator and other participants of group buy to account in any form. Furthermore, if there is any type of deficiency or imperfection in the product description of a group buy and you suffer any loss because of it, you agree that you will not call the Bidcage website operator to account in any form.
The progression of group buys is controlled and operated by algorithms. If you suffer any loss because of any existing error in our algorithms, you agree that you will not call the Bidcage website operator to account in any form. If any type of error in the algorithms can negatively affect more participants within a transaction, then participants agree that they will not call the Bidcage website operator and other participants to account in any form.
If you have entered wrong quantity or price values anywhere on the Bidcage website, you agree that you will not call the Bidcage website operator and other participants to account in any form.
You take every responsibility for the legality of each product or service you buy or sell on the Bidcage website.
Despite we take all the reasonable efforts to identify our users, it is very complicated through the internet. The Bidcage website operator cannot verify users’ identity. Furthermore, the Bidcage website operator cannot be responsible for the accuracy or the reality content of users’ identity that are published or submitted to us.
We cannot guarantee the future availability of any current information therefore, please save and archive every information and data you are authorized to access.
Although, we try to store securely your data and information have been submitted to us but we cannot guarantee that an unauthorized third party cannot gain access to your data and information. You agree that you will not call the Bidcage website operator to account for your data loss in any form.
In case of losses or claims that arise from disputes or contentious questions, users agree that they will not call the Bidcage website operator to account in any form.
The Bidcage website is internationally used therefore, communication, products and contents can appear in many languages. If you have suffered any loss that is related to language misunderstandings, wrong translations or any language problems, you agree that you will not call the Bidcage website operator to account in any form.
Users can sell products in more currencies on the Bidcage website. If you have suffered any loss that is related to currencies or changes of exchange rates, you agree that you will not call the Bidcage website operator to account in any form. Furthermore, you agree that you will not request any extra fee or payment from your buyers that is related to exchange rate changes.
Displayed dates on the user interface of the Bidcage website are adjusted to users’ time zones after they have signed in. Furthermore, there are some time values are based on working days and days, respectively. If you have any loss arises from dates or times, you agree that you will not call the Bidcage website operator to account in any form.
The Bidcage website operator cannot take responsibility for losses arise from contracts, compensations, loss of good reputation, loss of income, loss of profit, loss of business, cancelled transactions, data loss or any other cases that are not listed above.
Despite of the previous paragraphs if responsibility of the Bidcage website operator or its colleagues can be established for you or for a third party, the Bidcage website operator are liable up to the higher value: the sum of the fees has been paid by you for us back to one year starting from the liability aroused or 100 Euros.
Settlement of disputes
If a problem arises between you and the Bidcage website operator, please first make contact with our Customer service
. We will think all reasonable requests over that are related to dispute to avoid litigations. If any claim or litigation arises, then the laws and regulations of Hungary and the European Union are authoritative. If a paragraph of this contract is contrary to the Consumer Protection Act of the jurisdiction of your country, then you have to comply with the latter. By your acceptance of this contract you have accepted the exclusivity of the jurisdiction of Hungarian courts. You agree that if you have any claim or right that you want to enforce against the the Bidcage website operator in court, you accept the exclusivity of court belongs to headquarters of the Bidcage website operator. Until the final closing of litigation, the Hungarian and European Union laws and regulations are only and exclusively authoritative.
Notifications and making contact
The Bidcage website works in more languages. The determination of the language of your notifications can occur in more ways. If a notification applies to fixed language of a transaction, then you will receive your notification in that language, but if a notification is general, then you will receive it in your selected system language.
Only English or Hungarian languages are accepted as official communication language (be they electronic or postal letters), except our automatic communication forms. If anyone differs from our official languages, we are at liberty to ignore that communication. This paragraph can be fully or partially ignored by the Bidcage website operator based on its unilateral decision in any case.
We send notifications in e-mail form to your registered and activated e-mail address (in some cases e-mail address used in the user verification can be the notification e-mail address). 24 hours after an e-mail has been sent we regard it as a delivered e-mail. In case of delivery failure we may decide to send your messages and notifications in postal way to your registered address. 5 days after a postal letter has been sent we regard it as a delivered mail.
Handling of compensation
By the acceptance of this contract you declare that you use the Bidcage website according to its specified rules and conditions.
You must pay compensation for the Bidcage website operator or its colleagues if you cause losses, costs or expenses (including legal expenses) that arise from the violation of this contract (including the violation of laws or rights of third parties).
Although, the Bidcage website operator tries to provide continuous and reliable services but there can be outages in them. Furthermore, we cannot guarantee the continuous and reliable availability of our services because more external factors influence them. If there is any system outage, the Bidcage website operator is at liberty to increase the expiration of validity or running time of transactions that is the only and full compensation for the system outage for users. If you suffer any loss arises from a system outage, you agree that you will not call the Bidcage website operator to account in any form.
Our fees and invoicing
By your successful registration you accept that we will create electronic invoices for you. You can learn more about our fees and invoicing in the Fee regulation
Privacy statement and data processing
In the Privacy Statement
, the Bidcage website operator takes responsibility for your personal data and their adequate protection, regardless the location where those are stored.
If you disagree or deny our rules and regulations, please do not use our services.